Monday, November 30, 2009

I has a dog

I've always loved animals. Infact, at one point in my life, I considered being a veterinarian. Though I've always loved animals, I've never been big on zoos. Anywhere where an animal is placed in captivity against their will isn't a 'plus' in my books. Which leads me to dog shows... After the show is done, the dog feels no change in its life, no change in its treatment from its owner, the show is all for the glory of the master.

Best in Show, a mockumentary, follows several owners and their dogs, as they compete in the 'Mayflower Kennel Club Championship', a prestigious dog show competition. It has every characteristic of a documentary, the interviews, the 'over-the-shoulder' camera technique, the lack of canted angels and pans (et cetera). However, the one aspect that sets it apart, the one thing that makes it a mockumentary, is the fact that the characters are entirely fictional, and that all events taking place are fictional.

In general, Best in Show was a pretty decent movie. It was full of larfs, full of amusing characters.

...That's about all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment